Tuesday 10 February 2009

Only Fools and Dunworths

I'm listening to 'We Gotta Have Peace' by Curtis Mayfield and I am happy.

That going hand in hand with my first comment since starting this thang up, a comment from Jo... which made me laugh. Cunt

I'm just in the process of booking a gig on the Pier in Clacton for no other reason than to run around the arcade like a 10 year old and to kick a 99p football around in public. It's amazing when i actually think about how much Only Fools and Horses has moulded me as a person, i've been exposed to it since i was about 5 years old. There's something really special about the characters, the banter and with my Dad being from Stonebridge(which wasn't too dis-similar form Peckham in those days), i've heard stories about real life people who were actually like certain characters from that show and it's fucking great.

I think you do need that element of cockney in your family to really get it though, to see the similarities in your uncle Steve to Trigger... or hearing my uncle Paul mention a bloke called 'Johnny Harris' in a story about a job he'd done. Fucking Johnny Harris! that there is the most cockney name ever and one that i'd put £4.97p on being mentioned at some point in Only Fools and Horses.

I don't think everyone gets it but i wouldn't expect them to, this isn't the most intellegent thing i've ever wrote but it's a big part of who i am... at least i've got a bit of Harlesden in me and i'm not some kind of thoroughbred London Colney kid. That i'm proud of, i just find it funny that my mad uncle Paul dis-charged himself from hospital last night and was found in Hennessy's at 10pm. I love to have stories to tell, whether you belive them is another matter...

No comments:

Post a Comment